Monday, August 20, 2007

"Hello, I must be going. I came to say I cannot stay, I must be going."

"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member".

30 years ago yesterday (Aug. 19), Julius Henry Marx, better known as Groucho Marx, passed away. Overshadowed by Elvis' death just 3 days earlier, Groucho Marx died of pneumonia at the age of 86 Some of my favorite Groucho quotes:

"I married your mother because I wanted children. Imagine my disappointment when you arrived."

"If I hold you any closer, I'll be in back of you."

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know."

"Room service? Send up a larger room."

"We're fighting for this woman's honor, which is more than she ever did."

"You call this a party? The beer is warm, the women cold and I'm hot under the collar."

"A hospital bed is a parked taxi with the meter running."

"A woman is an occasional pleasure, but a cigar is always a smoke."

"Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough."

"Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife."

"Here's to our girlfriends and wives; may they never meet!"

"Paying alimony is like feeding hay to a dead horse."

"How would you like to feel the way she looks?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home